Miles Davis Discography
- Kind Of Blue Period (1955-1961)
- Sketches Of Spain Period (1957-1968)
- Second Great Quintet Period (1965-1968)
- Electric Period - Rock, Fusion, Funk (1968-1972)
- The Man With A Horn & Beyond - The Later Works
- The Genius Of Miles Davis
A testament to Miles Davis' monumental output and enduring influence on succeeding generations of improvisers, THE GENIUS OF MILES DAVIS, collects all eight boxed sets originally released between 1996 and 2007 known informally as the COMPLETE MILES DAVIS 'Metal Spine' series. These deluxe packages, totaling 43 discs, won eight Grammy Awards, are now gorgeously repackaged in a custom-made, individually numbered limited edition trumpet case that includes symbolic memorabilia, with only 1955 (representing the year Davis signed to Columbia Records) sets available worldwide.
The trumpet case, an objet d'art in and of itself, is a treasure chest for the most discerning collectors of all things Milesian. First and foremost there is, of course, the music, which is showcased as follows:
1. MILES DAVIS & GIL EVANS: THE COMPLETE COLUMBIA STUDIO RECORDINGS (6 CDs)
2. MILES DAVIS QUINTET 1965-1968 (6 CDs)
3. THE COMPLETE BITCHES BREW SESSIONS (4 CDs)
4. MILES DAVIS & JOHN COLTRANE: THE COMPLETE COLUMBIA RECORDINGS, 1955-1961 (6 CDs)
5. THE COMPLETE IN A SILENT WAY SESSIONS (3 CDs)
6. THE COMPLETE JACK JOHNSON SESSIONS (5 CDs)
7. SEVEN STEPS: THE COMPLETE COLUMBIA RECORDINGS OF MILES DAVIS, 1963-1964 (7 CDs)
8. THE COMPLETE ON THE CORNER SESSIONS (6 CDs)
Then comes the treasure of wonderful extras within the case:
* A mouthpiece replicating exactly the 'Gustat' Heim 2 model used by Davis especially created by Kanstul.
* A previously unseen and unavailable fine art lithograph by Davis, who was a dedicated and talented artist
* A boutique-worthy T-shirt manufactured exclusively for this package by Trunk Ltd. showcasing the image of Davis playing his horn.